Ed Wachenheim, III
• Founder (in 1987), CEO, and Chairman of Greenhaven Associates, Inc., a value-oriented investment management firm that manages about $6.2 billion. Clients include wealthy families, university endowments, and other not-for-profits.
Activities and Interests
• Vice Chairman of the Board of Central National-Gottesman Inc., a company with close to $6 billion of revenues that distributes and markets paper around the world (newsprint, pulp, uncoated free sheet, coated papers, etc.)
• Board member of the Museum of Modern Art (since 2004); Chair of the Finance Committee and member of the Executive and Investment Committees.
• Board member of WNET (since 2016); Chair of the Finance Committee and member of the Investment Committee.
• Board member of the New York Public Library (since 1999); former Chair of the Executive Committee and former Chair of the Investment Committee (still a member).
• Trustee Emeritus of Skidmore College (was a Trustee for many years and was Vice Chair from 1998 to 2001
• Trustee Emeritus of Rye Country Day School (was Board President)
• Interests include hiking, tennis, photography, modern art, and the management of endowments (have been chair 5 Investment Committees over the years.
• Very happily married with four grown children and six grandchildren, whom we spend a lot of time with.
• MBA in 1966 from Harvard Business School (was first year Baker Scholar)
• BA in 1959 from Williams College
- Spring 2017 - March 15
What You'll Get...
- Clear and unconventional thinking
- Analysis both micro and macro
- Ideas both long and short across a range of asset classes
- 35+ years of archived material --yours to browse for free
- Speculation about the future informed by knowledge of the past
- Writing you’d read for pleasure alone.
Browse 35 years of Grant’s archives by topic or article.
Please contact the website administrator.
|The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.|
|Error Occurred While Processing Request|