former governor of the Bank of England
Mervyn King served as Governor of the Bank of England from 2003 to June 2013. He was knighted (GBE) in 2011, made a life peer in 2013, and appointed by The Queen to be a Knight of the Garter in 2014.
Lord King is the Alan Greenspan Professor of Economics and Professor of Law at New York University and Emeritus Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics.
In 2016 he published The End of Alchemy. With a new preface, it appeared in paperback in 2017, and has been translated into many languages. His new book (with John Kay) Radical Uncertainty was published in March 2020.
Born in 1948, Mervyn King studied at King’s College, Cambridge, and taught at Cambridge and Birmingham Universities before spells as Visiting Professor at both Harvard University and MIT. From October 1984 he was Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics, where he founded the Financial Markets Group. He is Chair of the Philharmonia Orchestra
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020
What You'll Get...
- Clear and unconventional thinking
- Analysis both micro and macro
- Ideas both long and short across a range of asset classes
- 35+ years of archived material --yours to browse for free
- Speculation about the future informed by knowledge of the past
- Writing you’d read for pleasure alone.
Browse 35 years of Grant’s archives by topic or article.
Please contact the website administrator.
|The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.|
|Error Occurred While Processing Request|