John J. (Jack) Byrne
White Mountains Insurance Group
Mr. Byrne is chairman and chief executive officer of White Mountains Insurance Group, a publicly traded financial services holding company. His career has taken him into almost every phase of the insurance industry. After service at Lincoln National Life and Travelers Insurance, he joined GEICO, and with the help of a historical coalition of insurance industry competitors took it from the brink of being seized by the regulators to becoming one of the most profitable property and casualty companies of its era. He then went to Fireman’s Fund and again made insurance industry history with the largest IPO at the time.
Mr. Byrne earned a BS from Rutgers University and an MS from the University of Michigan.
- Spring 2001 - May 2
What You'll Get...
- Clear and unconventional thinking
- Analysis both micro and macro
- Ideas both long and short across a range of asset classes
- 35+ years of archived material --yours to browse for free
- Speculation about the future informed by knowledge of the past
- Writing you’d read for pleasure alone.
Browse 35 years of Grant’s archives by topic or article.
Please contact the website administrator.
|The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.|
|Error Occurred While Processing Request|